8 Marketing Strategies for Cleaning Businesses
The cleaning industry is one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide. As buying cleaning services become more attainable for more people, the demand for these services will only increase. To take advantage of the opportunities, companies must stay updated on what systems produce the most growth, including the best marketing strategies for cleaning businesses. How do…By Rhyza Dela Paz | Updated December 29, 2022
The cleaning industry is one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide. As buying cleaning services become more attainable for more people, the demand for these services will only increase. To take advantage of the opportunities, companies must stay updated on what systems produce the most growth, including the best marketing strategies for cleaning businesses.
How do you attract new customers?
The answer is simple: marketing.
But not just any marketing; well-thought-out, planned, and executed marketing strategies based on a well-researched customer profile.
This blog post explores eight digital and traditional marketing strategies for cleaning businesses to help your company stand out.
1. Start with a Branding Strategy
One of the most important aspects of a business is its brand, which is how people perceive your company. A strong brand can help create customer trust, boost sales, and attract new clients.
The goal of branding is not just to have a logo or tagline. It’s about creating authentic connections with clients that make them want to buy your service again and again.
You want them so excited by what they think your business stands for that they’re willing to share their experience with others (which means more potential clients!).
A brand is made up of multiple brand attributes. Think of brand attributes like personality traits. They help people remember your brand and feel a connection with it. Examples of brand attributes are things like “friendly,” “elegant,” “knowledgeable,” etc. Think about the brand attributes that make up your company’s culture and the ones that your target audience will best respond to.
If you have a new cleaning business startup, think about the attributes that you wish customers will use to describe your business.
2. Get the Word Out with Marketing Materials
Your marketing materials speak volumes about who you are. They must be consistent with the rest of your branding.
A logo is a great place to start when designing an effective cleaning advertising campaign. It should be simple, memorable, and unique enough to stand out from the competition but not so different from competitors that it confuses clients.
The most common mistake here is designing an overly complicated logo. Look at top brands, both industry-relevant ones like cleaning franchises and generally well-known brands in other industries. They almost all have simple logos. Why? Because simple is memorable.
Once you have established your logo, you can use it on all promotional items such as business cards and brochures. Anything that promotes your business outside the internet should feature a consistent design scheme.
3. Create Positive Buzz with Public Relations
Public relations is a great way to promote your cleaning business. It can help you generate positive buzz and attract new clients.
Here are some tips for getting started:
Create a press release sharing important information about your business and its services. Include relevant photos or graphics for the release to stand out from other similar PR materials.
Include contact information so that potential clients can quickly get in touch with you if they have questions.
Then, send out this PR material through marketing campaigns on social media platforms where people interested in your cleaning services might be reading their newsfeeds at work.
4. Connect with Customers Through Social Media
Social media is a great way to reach clients and promote your services. Social media marketing is an integral part of any marketing strategy, especially for cleaning businesses.
Here are some tips on using social media to market your cleaning services:
- Post useful tips and advice on keeping a clean home or office, such as “how often should you vacuum rugs?”
- Promote special offers and post about them on your social media accounts.
- Host a giveaway to get more followers and engagement. To make the most of this strategy, it’s best to ask people who engage with your brand on social media if they would like to receive emails from you. This will help you grow the number of people interested in receiving newsletters from you and increase engagement with your posts over time.
- Join Apartment Manager groups to network with property managers and land apartment cleaning contracts.
5. Use Email for News and Special Offers
Email is a valuable tool for keeping in touch with your customers. When you send out an email newsletter, you give them something extra that they probably don’t get from other cleaning businesses.
It’s one of the most effective marketing strategies for cleaning businesses and one you should not overlook.
You can use email newsletters to promote special offers and news about your business. Newsletters also help build brand recognition for your cleaning business, as people will see your name repeatedly in their inboxes.
Repetition enables you to stay top-of-mind when someone needs a good cleaner!
Keep in mind that email is a two-way communication tool. You can reach out to current customers, but they also have the opportunity to reach out to you if they would like any help or information from your company!
6. Master Local Search Engine Optimization
Local search engine optimization allows you to reach and engage with clients looking for your cleaning service in your area. For example, if you live in New York City and want to hire a cleaning service, you’re going to Google “NYC cleaning services” or “best NYC cleaners.”
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves optimizing your cleaning business website design and online profiles to rank higher in local search results.
The main benefits of local SEO for cleaning companies include:
- More visibility—visibility on Google Maps, Bing Maps, Yahoo! Local, and other local business directories
- Faster indexing—when someone searches for a related keyword on Google Search or Bing Search (for example: “NYC cleaners”), this will automatically show up as one of the top three organic results for that particular city
- More leads—you can get more leads through calls from customers looking for companies like yours
7. Build a Business Website to Help You Grow
Your website is a powerful tool that can help you generate free house cleaning leads and increase sales.
Think of it as a marketing billboard for your company—it will showcase your services so that potential clients can get an idea of what you offer. With the right keywords, content, and design, you’ll be able to attract new clients!
Here are some tips for building a compelling website:
- Showcase offers and deals. You should post any special discounts or ongoing promotions on your site so clients know about them when they visit. You can link to informative web pages on your site about “carpet cleaning tips” and “green cleaning methods,” for instance.
- Share information about how you work. Include photos or videos showing how effective your cleaning processes are. You can add “before and after” images with your logo to make it more professional and attractive to potential clients.
- Design your website to be responsive. Making sure that your site works well across multiple devices is a must. Hence, your website should load quickly and look good no matter what device the visitor is using.
- Blog. Writing blogs for your cleaning business is a great way to drive website traffic and increase SEO. It allows you to interact with your audience and establish yourself as an expert in the cleaning industry. Blog posts should be informative, relevant, and well-written. Ideas for blog topics include cleaning tips, the benefits of outsourcing cleaning, and hiring a cleaning company.
8. Get more 5-star reviews on Google and Facebook
The star rating of your business is more important for your success than ever before. Many positive reviews on Google and Facebook are impactful social tools that can drive more customers and increase sales.
If you plan on running Facebook Ads, having positive reviews on your Facebook profile is a must to achieve the best return on your marketing dollars.
Here are some strategies to help you get more 5-star reviews:
- Ask your customers to leave a review. It’s perfectly fine to ask for feedback in person or via email, but don’t incentivize them as that goes against most platforms’ guidelines. Instead, be enthusiastic about their experience so far and encourage them to share their thoughts online if they feel compelled.
- Ask for reviews from past clients too! Asking for reviews from past clients can help build a stronger brand reputation and improve customer relations. Take advantage of this by sending out postcards, following up through calls, or emailing them about their experience with your cleaning services.
- Finally: ensure the quality of your service. As you see, your client’s perception of your service can impact the marketing strategies for cleaning businesses. No company wants a low-star rating out in public. So to get more 5-star reviews, ensure that your customers are always satisfied by delivering efficient, effective, and top-notch cleaning services.
You can use review templates to ask your customers for reviews efficiently.
Online and traditional marketing methods can work together to promote your cleaning business. Remember to stay on top of trends in the industry and develop a plan that will allow you to take full advantage of them.
An effective marketing campaign is more likely to be one that is constantly evolving. So continue to experiment and continuously improve your branding, messaging, and outreach strategies to get the best long-term results.