You have to explore the most effective ways to reach your target market and win them over.
It’s critical to develop an outstanding sales and marketing strategy that will enhance your company’s image, attract new commercial clients, and outshine competitors.
And that’s what we’re here to do!
We’ll help you know exactly how to get commercial cleaning contracts and keep your business busy all year round, whether you’re just starting or planning to grow your cleaning business.
Let’s get started.
Define Your Ideal Customer and Find Ways to Stand Out
Get noticed immediately by crafting a personalized message.
First, research and identify your target market and which geographic area you intend to serve. Do you want to get office building contracts or school cleaning contracts? Or perhaps you intend to target larger commercial properties.
Study your target market’s demographics, including their age, gender, and location, so you can craft a personal, relatable, and effective message when bidding on janitorial cleaning contracts.
- Suppose your target audience cares about environmentally friendly products. In that case, you could take a “green cleaning” approach to emphasize using eco-friendly cleaning supplies, like biodegradable cleaning products, helping address today’s environmental issues.
- If your target audience provides top-end services, such as a luxury hotel or elite private school, you can position yourself as a premium vendor that provides top-tier cleaning services using advanced tools and equipment.
Knowing your target audience will help you refine your advertising strategies and provide ideal cleaning solutions that fit your target market’s profile.
What types of cleaning services do your customers want? Find out what services you can offer in packages and the right pricing to retain clients and generate your desired profits.
It’s a good idea to learn about your competitors’ scope of services and pricing strategies, so you can do better where they’re lacking.
Discover the unique selling points that set you apart from other janitorial cleaning companies.
Scale with Digital Marketing
Online marketing can drive lots of new business to your cleaning company when done right.
You have to build a strong online presence to gain the trust of prospective clients. We recommend doing the following steps to get commercial cleaning contracts:
Build a Conversion-Focused Website
A fast-loading and professional-looking website is a must for every business in today’s digital era. Your website represents your cleaning business and gives people a glimpse of what your company offers.
When building a conversion-focused site, keep these tips in mind:
- Websites should be Fast-Loading, Mobile-Friendly, and Smooth to Navigate: Ensure your site loads smoothly in seconds. From opening your homepage to exploring your cleaning services and booking your company online, the experience should be user-friendly.
- Have Clear Call-to-Actions: Create noticeable, well-positioned call-to-actions and provide complete contact details, including your business email and phone number.
- Represent Your Brand: Ideally, your website should incorporate your brand’s color scheme and brand attributes to set your business apart from the competition.
- Showcase the Quality of Your Services: Impress prospective clients with your high-quality services, professionalism, and excellent customer service. You can shoot a promotional video introducing your team and before-and-after pictures of successful cleaning jobs. Show any business and employee certifications that will help solidify trust in your cleaning company.
- Include Testimonials: One of the most effective ways to gain clients’ trust and seal the deal is to share glowing testimonials about your cleaning services. You can collect positive testimonials from past clients and add them to your website.
Get Consistent Leads with Paid Advertising Campaigns
Pay-per-click advertising, such as Facebook Ads and Google Ads for cleaning businesses, is an excellent tool to direct ads to your target audience in specific regions.
You can use Facebook to show targeted advertisements to residents within your service area and redirect users to your business website when they click on your cleaning ad. As mentioned earlier, just make sure you have a well-built website that will immediately impress visitors at first glance to get janitorial cleaning contracts successfully.
Google Ads make your cleaning company appear in search results to increase your website traffic and promote your cleaning services.
Running a paid marketing campaign helps spread awareness about your cleaning company and encourages people to know more about your services. By incorporating paid ads into your business plan, you’ll be able to gather plenty of high-quality leads that could turn into long-term, recurring clients.
Earn Trust by Maintaining an Authoritative Blog
Actively posting blog posts helps you stay top of mind with customers and prospects.
Blogs also improve your credibility and trustworthiness as you continue to position yourself as a knowledgeable authority in the janitorial or cleaning industry. You can attract more visitors to your site and make your brand appear more relatable.
Here are some examples of blog topics you can write about:
- Talk about the main benefits of professional cleaning services
- Develop solutions to common cleaning problems. For example, you can list ways to keep office spaces clean and sanitary.
- Offer handy tips to incorporate cleanliness into the workplace culture.
- Explain your team’s thorough cleaning process and special cleaning products to give clients an insight into how you work.
Leverage Social Media
Social media provides a great avenue to connect with your prospects, promote your cleaning business, and get commercial cleaning contracts.
Here are five steps to get the most out of social media for your cleaning business:
- Create an account on popular social networking sites where you can find your clients, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Be sure to specify your services and operating hours on your Facebook business page.
- After a successful cleaning job, tell your clients to provide reviews to let others know about the quality of your services.
- You can regularly post social media updates related to your business and share compelling before-and-after photos that demonstrate your company’s outstanding janitorial services.
- Share informative posts about relevant, trending topics that hook your target readers. You can even collaborate with influencers on Instagram to promote your business.
It’s a good idea to engage with your clients by commenting on their posts and eventually sending a direct message to let them know about your cleaning business.
Take Advantage of Email Marketing
Email marketing lets you send targeted emails to build brand loyalty, sell your cleaning services, and share updates.
Come up with compelling offers, like special discounts, that your target audience will find valuable. You can also incentivize your customers to refer friends to your business by creating a referral program. For example, you can offer 5% off the next cleaning job or one free extra cleaning service on top of a service package.
Don’t Forget Traditional Methods: Flyers, Branded Merchandise, and Cold Calling
To have the widest reach, combine your online marketing efforts with traditional methods to promote your janitorial cleaning business and win more commercial cleaning contracts.
Cleaning services is a lucrative industry that’s continuously in high demand. People are always looking for professional cleaners to keep office buildings and commercial spaces sanitary; you just need to let your prospects know about your services.
- Flyers work well in spreading awareness about your business within your community. Distribute them in the community center, local supermarket, and bustling places where you can pin your advertising materials to a notice board.
- If budget allows, you can get creative and hand out branded merchandise, like printed shirts with your company name and details, during local events where most of your prospects can be found.
- Additionally, print out brochures to send to people’s mailboxes, or have someone distribute your marketing materials to prospects.
Don’t forget to add your clear business details, including your company name, official website, services, and contact information. Adding your business phone number and email address gives your customers more ways to contact you.
Cold-calling prospects is also a timeless strategy to get more business. Create an organized list of prospects within your niche, whether you’re targeting schools, medical offices, or small businesses.
Network and Build Valuable Connections
Learning the art of networking can turn your cleaning business into a highly successful venture. Not spending enough time networking is one of the reasons many cleaning businesses fail to grow.
Use different avenues to get the word out about your janitorial cleaning business.
Try to connect with related businesses and professionals, including cleaning supply companies, window cleaners, carpet cleaning services, home builders, school employees, and construction companies. Relevant businesses can be excellent sources of referrals.
You can join a community association for business owners to find other like-minded individuals and advertising opportunities. You can also volunteer at community events to improve your company’s reputation.
Wherever you go, it’s an excellent habit to chat with people about your janitorial cleaning services. You’ll find limitless networking opportunities, whether you’re attending trade shows, renting booths, or connecting with other cleaning professionals through social media.
Final Thoughts: Winning Lucrative Contracts to Make Your Cleaning Business a Success
Now that you know how to get janitorial cleaning contracts, the next step is to implement the steps above to put yourself on the fast track to success.
Maintain an excellent reputation by providing the best services to every client. The more happy clients you serve, the more referrals and repeat business you’ll get.
If you need help with your digital marketing strategy, we have trusted experts who can do all the heavy lifting and make things easier for you. You can successfully market your cleaning business and get a steady stream of repeat clients by applying the best marketing practices.