The best advertising system for your junk removal business combines digital marketing tactics and proven traditional methods.
We will start with tried-and-true online strategies and discuss physical advertising methods to help you consistently generate leads.
1. Invest in a conversion-focused website
Building a smooth, well-designed website means keeping your junk removal business open 24/7, even while you sleep.
Every business in today’s fast-paced digital world needs an online presence. Your website lets you connect with your target audiences and impact customer decisions.
A high-converting junk removal website:
- Highlights your competitive advantage, whether you specialize in hazardous waste removal or offer a service guarantee.
- Adds powerful calls-to-action in the right places, including a visible phone number in the header, to guide interested customers down the sales funnel.
- Allows online booking, giving your potential customers an effortless way to get a free estimate or schedule an appointment.
- Shows quality images and videos of your uniformed personnel to inspire trust.
Experienced web designers can help create a professional-looking website that reflects the quality of your services. Your website is the foundation of your digital marketing, so be sure you do it right the first time.
2. Localize your SEO efforts
As a business that relies on local opportunities, local SEO should be a part of your overall SEO plan.
Your goal is to improve the visibility of your junk haul company in local search engine results and help your target market find you. These results usually answer geographic searches, like junk removal in New York or junk hauling near me.
Set up a Google Business Profile and local business listings to get free junk removal leads. Your business page should be complete, regularly updated, and well-optimized.
By implementing local search optimization strategies, you can outdo competitors in search results and drive targeted traffic to your website.
3. Run Google ads
Investing in online ads is the next step after your SEO efforts. Your Google ads will take prospects back to your junk removal landing page and prompt them to do business with you.
- Identify the keywords your target audience uses to find nearby junk removal businesses.
- Target your ads to particular geographic locations, such as a neighborhood.
- Optimize your ads for mobile viewing.
- Use ad extensions to boost click-through rates and visibility.
Pro Tip: A/B test different ad formats and landing pages to see what works best for your junk removal business.
4. Run Facebook ads
As the world’s largest social network, Facebook offers valuable opportunities for your junk haul business to reach your target audience.
- Define your target audience through Facebook’s targeting options, including location, demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Make your junk removal Facebook ads pop with visually engaging photos and videos, which perform better than plain, text-based ads.
- Include a clear call-to-action to encourage people to take action.
- Use retargeting to show ads to people who previously interacted with your business, increasing the chances of conversion.
Pro Tip: Experiment with different ad types, such as video and lead generation ads. Make adjustments as you evaluate the performance of your ads.
5. Get active on Facebook, Nextdoor, Instagram, & LinkedIn
Social networks are powerful platforms to increase your customer base and build loyalty.
Choose the right platforms.
- Facebook is perfect for joining local groups and starting your group to connect with prospects and build a community around your business.
- Nextdoor allows people to recommend trusted local businesses to each other. It’s an excellent avenue to get free junk removal leads and referrals through word-of-mouth advertising.
- Instagram is ideal for showcasing before-and-after photos of successful junk removal projects. Reach your local audience with hashtags and location tags.
- Sign up on LinkedIn if you want to connect with other local businesses and find qualified employees.
Offer valuable content.
Your social media posts should be interesting, engaging, and share-worthy. Create infographics and value-packed blog posts people would love to read.
Share videos on how you handle jobs, decluttering tutorials, and other relevant content. Try to keep up with trending topics and events to create timely and relevant posts.
Pro Tip: Maintain a consistent brand image across all social media business profiles. You want to ensure your business is easily recognizable wherever you promote your services.
6. Advertise on HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor connects homeowners with local service professionals, making it a valuable resource for junk removal marketing.
Ensure your profile provides complete business information and optimize it with relevant keywords. Remember to respond quickly to potential leads to get ahead of competitors. You can also consider using sponsored listings and display ads for maximum visibility.
7. Create email marketing campaigns
With email marketing, you stay top of mind with customers and prospects while keeping them updated about your business. You can promote special offers, educate readers, do surveys, and build your reputation.
- Build a targeted list to reach the right audience.
- Use clear, compelling subject lines and calls-to-action.
- Segment your list based on customer demographics, previous transactions, and other data.
- Send valuable and personalized content consistently.
8. Ask for Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews
People trust the opinions of fellow consumers. If customers are happy with your services, others will know.
You want potential customers to find glowing reviews when they search for your junk removal business online.
Only request reviews if you’re confident you did an excellent job. You can hand out a thank-you card that expresses your appreciation and includes a review request. Or send a follow-up email with a link to a review site, like your Facebook page, Google listing, or website.
Pro Tip: Try asking customers to review your services while standing in front of them to boost your chances of getting positive reviews. Offer discounts for the next booking to build loyalty.
9. Manage your online reputation
Your online reputation must be immaculate to ensure positive first impressions and gain the trust of prospects.
- Keep an eye on your social footprint. It’s a good idea to regularly type your brand name on popular social media platforms to check what people say about your business.
- Respond fast. Interested customers will choose your services if you reply quickly, whether they are reaching out on Facebook or commenting on your posts.
- Handle complaints promptly no matter how small before they get out of hand.
10. Create brand awareness with vehicle graphics
Custom vehicle graphics can get the word out about your junk removal business, whether you’re parked at a job site, stuck in traffic, or on the move.
- They are eye-catching and incredibly memorable.
- They leave a lasting impression, giving your business a modern and creative look.
- They draw attention without being intrusive.
Small graphics, partial wraps, and full wraps are available, depending on your budget. Vinyl wraps are generally more affordable and professional-looking than paint. They are easy to install, remove, or update.
Pro Tip: A simple design that makes your logo, company name, contact info, and message stand out is better than flashy, distracting designs. Research the competition to know what works and outdo them.
11. Try custom magnetic car signs
Magnetic signs are an excellent alternative to vehicle wraps. They will turn your company truck into a moving billboard that promotes your junk removal services wherever you go.
- They are easy to install and remove, making them perfect for transforming personal cars into temporary work vehicles.
- They are easy to customize for on-the-go junk removal marketing.
- They are reusable and weather-resistant.
Pro Tip: Custom car magnets are typically smaller than vehicle wraps, so focus on your primary services and contact information. Go for contrasting colors, ensuring all texts are visible at first glance.
12. Use yard signs to attract potential customers
Yard signs are perfect for targeting local audiences. People will be exposed to your brand, whether driving by or simply strolling in the neighborhood.
- Great for connecting with older customers who may not search online to find local services
- Inexpensive, low-maintenance, and very easy to set up
- Effective in spreading brand awareness at specific, strategic locations
Pro Tip: After a job well done, consider encouraging customers to display a yard sign promoting your junk removal business. Turn heads with amazing deals and discounts.
13. Distribute brochures and flyers
Brochures and flyers are old but effective junk removal advertising ideas to boost lead generation.
These physical marketing tools are:
- Low-cost, attention-grabbing, and easy to design: You can start with a small budget for distributing flyers door-to-door in targeted locations or at local events.
- Simple to track: Results are easy to monitor through coupon codes, QR codes, and flyer numbers.
- Tangible and memorable: People get something to hold and keep, especially if your flyers have discount codes.
Pro tip: Spark interest with a strong headline like “Get 30% on your next booking!” to improve conversions.
14. Use door hangers
Another targeted physical marketing strategy is door hanger advertising, which allows you to target particular neighborhoods and demographics.
Use professionally designed door hangers to ensure they are visually appealing, easy to read, and attention-catching. Offer a special promotion to increase response rates.
Pro Tip: A mapping software will help you plan your door-hanger distribution route to ensure you reach your target neighborhoods.
15. Call relevant businesses to establish connections
The best thing you can do to expand your connections is to contact businesses and set up meetings to introduce yourself.
Call or email real estate firms, moving companies, professional organizers, home remodelers, and storage facilities. Connect with as many businesses as possible.
Over the years, you will develop valuable relationships that will continuously keep the leads coming in.
Pro Tip: Always carry business cards wherever you go. You can also hand out leaflets to promote special deals and discounts. Make sure to mention your referral program if you have one.
16. Join local groups to cultivate business relationships
Getting active in your local community is a must to widen your network of connections and access valuable opportunities.
- Join your local chamber of commerce and local rotary club.
- Join your local National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) chapter to meet like-minded business owners and find junk hauling jobs.
- Join apartment management groups. A single apartment complex can give you thousands of dollars worth of jobs each month. Referrals and word-of-mouth marketing will help you scale your business.
17. Offer rewards for successful referrals
Referral marketing is a powerful lead-generation strategy. Reward customers who refer your business by offering discounts, cash, promotional merchandise, or gift cards. Let everyone know about your referral program through social media posts and email updates.
Pro Tip: Send handwritten thank-you cards for a more personal way of showing appreciation.
FAQs about junk removal advertising
What are common mistakes to avoid in junk removal marketing?
Taking on a hard-sell approach is a common mistake to avoid in junk removal advertising. Instead, focus on building customer relationships with subtle, casual tactics. Additionally, avoid using misleading information and excessive technical jargon.
Is Craigslist a good platform to promote my junk removal business?
Craigslist can be a good source of junk hauling jobs if you’re running a new business, although not ideal for getting high-quality leads. Stay in the top search results by frequently posting and re-posting. However, be sure to delete old ads after 48 hours. Use a variety of ads without duplicate content to avoid getting flagged.
How do I monitor the performance of my advertising campaigns?
Depending on your goals, you can monitor the performance of your advertising campaigns by tracking the number of calls or inquiries, new customers, and repeat customers they generate. Use web analytics to track website traffic, conversions, and other metrics.