Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to most Scalebloom contracts but please refer to your specific contract that was sent to you by Scalebloom via email for your exact terms and conditions as they apply to your project.
The client acknowledges that any price given By Scalebloom is based on an assessment of the information the client has provided to Scalebloom on the date of any contracts and is only an estimate.
The client further acknowledges that if Scalebloom determines additional work not documented in a proposal or contract is needed, the cost will be impacted. The client will however have the opportunity to review and approve these changes prior to Scalebloom moving forward.
- The estimated time required to complete the client’s website will be written on the contract.
- Scalebloom will begin the work after receiving a signed contract and a non-refundable initial deposit of 50% or the balance in full, whichever is described in the contract.
- Scalebloom relies on the client to provide Scalebloom with the necessary assets (including but not limited to website text, photos, social media, products, pricing, etc.), and approvals in order for Scalebloom to work on the website, and to avoid impacting the website completion time.
- Any time estimate assumes the client will provide Scalebloom with the necessary assets within 48 hours of Scalebloom requesting them via email. Any time delays by the client will increase the time estimate.
- Scalebloom will provide the client with a 7 day period from the date Scalebloom submits the website as complete for error review.
- This does not include new website revisions. It is the client’s responsibility to review the website during this time and list any errors to be corrected via email. Any error that the client finds after the 7 days, will be charged an hourly rate of $120.00.
Migration of website
- Once the project deliverables have been approved by the client, Scalebloom will require full payment of the projectʼs remaining balance before migrating the client’s website onto either the client’s hosting or Scalebloom’s hosting servers.
- From the time the website is completed and ready for launch, the client has a maximum of 30 days to provide Scalebloom with the client’s hosting and domain information. If that information is not provided, there is a possibility that the website will be removed from Scalebloom’s server without notice. Extensions can be provided upon written request.
- Scalebloom can provide website hosting for the client. If the client opts to host with someone else, the client is responsible for the management and maintenance of the client’s hosting and domain at all times.
- All hosting/domain packages must be paid annually to the hosting company of the client’s choosing.
- Scalebloom tests for website functionality on current Safari, Chrome, & Firefox internet browsers.
- Scalebloom does not guarantee that your website will look exactly the same on every screen, and may appear differently due to varying screen resolutions and aspect ratios.
Scope of work
- Scalebloom has prepared the price quote based on everything Scalebloom and the client have discussed, including any correspondence via email, in-person, or phone calls.
- The breakdown is outlined in your proposal’s scope of work tables.
- Scalebloom is only responsible for the items outlined in the scope of work.
- Items not included in the scope of work are not part of the project nor have they been included in the quoted cost.
- If the client has any additional feature requests, changes in tasks,changes in deliverables or any scope modifications, beyond what is included in the scope of work, additional billable time will be incurred to the client at our hourly rate of $120.
- The price estimate includes time for revisions, and that will not exceed 10% of the total budget of web development time mentioned above.
- Should the client request additional revisions beyond what is included, or that exceed the allocated time, the client will receive an email notification from Scalebloom requesting a confirmation that the client wishes to proceed with said revisions and agree that the client will be billed at Scalebloom’s hourly rate of $120.
- The client is responsible for the cost of any outside paid assets. This is included but not limited to hosting, domains, SSL certificates, third party plugins, stock images, and premium fonts.
- In addition, Scalebloom cannot be held liable for the functionality of third party plugins or software, recommended or otherwise.
Exclusive design credit
- Scalebloom reserves the right to apply the text “Designed by Scalebloom” on the client’s website.
- Should the client wish to remove the credit, a fee of $250 applies.
- Removal of Scalebloom’s name does not mean surrendering Scalebloom’s design credit to any other party.
- Without Scalebloom’s expressed consent, the client agrees that “Designed by Scalebloom” will be visibly displayed on the client’s website acknowledging design credit.
- This agreement is non-transferable and non-refundable. The initial deposit does not constitute a credit, and therefore cannot be used toward Scalebloom’s other services.
- The client is accountable for the full balance of contract whether they decide to complete the website or not.
- Scalebloom accepts no liability for the client’s sales, revenue, and/or the success of the client’s website or business directly, indirectly, or consequentially.
- Scalebloom will not be responsible for any pre-recorded, registered, patented or copyrighted sounds, music, text, images, etc. that the client wishes to utilise on their website. This is at the sole risk of the client’s company. The client should seek independent legal advice if the client is unsure. Scalebloom will not be liable, professionally or legally for any content of the website.
- Whilst all care is taken with system security, Scalebloom will not accept responsibility for loss of data or security problems. This includes any loss that could otherwise be deemed an ‘Act of God’. Scalebloom aims to take all the care needed to prevent this, but takes no responsibility should this occur.